Table of contents
- 1. Welcome to the User Guide for isleoftiree.com
- 2. Logging in
- 3. Your dashboard
- 4. Setting up your listing for the first time
1. Welcome to the User Guide for isleoftiree.com
To make sure that it is as easy as possible for you to get started with isleoftiree.com, we have put together a series of short guides.
If you need assistance, or we have not covered your question, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
discovertiree.tireetrust.org.uk or give us a ring on 01879 220 074
2. Logging in
To login and edit your listing, go to isleoftiree.com/users
The first time you do this, you will need to follow these steps
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and use the Sign in link at the bottom right
- When you see the login screen, click on the Forgotten Password option underneath it
- Enter the email address you have registered with Discover Tiree. This will be the same email address that got these instructions.
- Press the password reset button
- Check your email for instructions to reset your password
- Once that is done you will be able to access the dashboard, and login in normally.
3. Your dashboard
When you log in you will see your dashboard. On the left there are options to view your properties. If you own multiple properties, or have a business listed on the website, you will see them here in a list.
The calendar section in “Home” shows you when things have happened, such as adding bookings. This example shows the date when the property was created.
4. Setting up your listing up for the first time
- If you are an existing user accessing the new site for the first time:
We have imported all your existing information from the old isleoftiree.com website. You are welcome to edit or update it, but first there are 2 key steps which must be completed. These are:
- Setting your property availabilty
- Setting your rates
- If you are a new user
Please make sure that you have sent your completed registration form to email@example.com and received a reply. Please also ensure that you have paid your subscription fee.
To register as a new user on the site, and create a username and password
- Scroll to the bottom of the Discover Tiree web page, you should see a section called ‘Property managers’, with the option to sign in or register.
- Click on ‘Register’ and fill out the form that appears.
- You will then receive a verification email, and should be able to log in with your new details.
When you log in, at the bottom of the site, you will see a button labelled ‘Bookster’. Click on this to take you into the system and follow the instructions below to fill out your listing.
These 2 things are required in order to show your property on the website and must be completed as soon as possible.
You can block out dates and bookings in your property’s calendar as shown below.
For people to know how much it will cost them to stay, you need to set your rates. This is a flexible section which lets you set a variety of rates based on the time of year. Make sure you fill in as far into the future as you can. If there are no rates set for a period of time, the property will not show as bookable.
4.3 Listing Details
This is where you put all of the important information about your property. Take your time over this part and don’t forget to tell people about any period features or other things which will pique their interest!
4.4 Listing Strength
Use the listing strength box on the right hand side to keep track of your progress. Clicking on it will show what areas of the listing you have completed, and which areas you still need to work on.
Use this section to tell people all about the location. And make sure you add an address – this is what makes sure your listing will appear in the correct spot on website maps. Don’t be afraid to be really specific with your directions!
4.6 Photos & Videos
Find those good photos of the house and upload them here! Don’t forget to include lovely views from the house as well – and shots of the garden or nearest beach are always nice.
Use this section to tell people all about any memberships you have, such as being a member of the Scottish Association of Self Caterers.
If you are a member of the Good To Go scheme, you can add it under Awards.
If you are not a member, you can complete the certification here. It’s free to do and gives guests confidence to book.
4.8 Guest Reviews
Here, you can add reviews from Guest Books and import existing reviews from TripAdvisor.
You can also add a change of ownership date – useful when you have taken over a property and only want to show reviews from after that date.
4.9 Guest Area
After making a booking, the guest will receive an email with a link to the Guest Area. This is a private log-in area, where the guest can view booking details, make balance payments and see pre-arrival information.
This is a place to include how the coffee machine works, check-in and check out times, how to get into the house and even the wifi password!
If you need help, or we have not covered your question, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01879 220 074