Windfall Fund Enquiry Form Download – MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT
Windfall Fund Application Guidelines Download – MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT
Windfall Fund Logo Download – JPEG FORMAT
Tiree Windfall Fund is open all year round, and welcomes enquiries at all times.There is a two stage application process, which begins with submission of an enquiry form. This enquiry form will be presented to the Trust’s board of directors for initial consideration. Feedback from the board of directors will be given before a full application form can be submitted. The full application process will take 4 – 8 weeks, so please get in touch as soon as you have an idea for a project and don’t leave it to the last minute. Please click here to see the deadlines for submission of enquiries and application forms.
Tiree Windfall Fund is split into the following categories:
- Community Support Fund – Community Groups, Businesses and Individuals whose projects provide a clear benefit to Tiree are eligible to apply for funding up to £3,000. This fund will be open all year round and there is a standard application process. All applications are judged for eligibility according to set criteria.
- Community Investment Fund – Community Groups, Businesses and Individuals whose projects provide clear benefit to Tiree are eligible to apply for funding for larger scale, longer term projects, e.g. infrastructure projects. Funding in this category is not capped but will be limited by how much money is available at any given time. A minimum of 50% of available funds is allocated to this category.
- Business Start-up Grant – This fund is open to anyone on Tiree who is starting a new business. A grant of £500 is available on approval of a business plan.
- Community Owned Buildings – A sum is allocated each year to support the maintenance of our community buildings on Tiree. Please let us know if your group owns or acquires an asset as you may be eligible.
- Skills, Education and Training Fund – Applications can come from an individual or an employer. Candidates, who at the time of commencing the relevant education or training programme, have their main residence in Tiree. This fund is open all year round and there is a standard application process. All applications are judged for eligibility according to set criteria.
January 2011 saw the launch of the Tiree Windfall Fund. TREL was able to make its first transfer of money generated by Tilley, the Tiree Community Turbine, to the Trust at the end of 2010. Over the life of the turbine, TREL will transfer all its available net income to the Trust after meeting its operating costs, including Bank repayments and other reserves. The money is held by the Trust in a ring-fenced bank account at RBS in Scarinish.
If you have any queries about the Fund or how to apply please call The Trust office on 220 074.