Windfall Fund Awards – 2013 | January – December
– Updated 31 December 2013
Detailed below are successful applicants:
- Tiree Tots – £589.80 towards the delivery of Soft Play Pods to Tiree.
- Parent Teacher Association – £1500.00 – to power-wash, prime and repair existing rendering to Pre 5 building.
- An Iodhlann – £5,000.00 – towards the cost of holding a 3 day book conference on Tiree in May and to produce a book about the history on Tiree.
- Tiree Community Business – £7,000 – towards the necessary professional expertise to allow them to progress with a full application to the Growing Community Assets scheme for purchase of the Business Centre.
- Cùram Thiriodh – £2,746.00 – towards phase 2 of the volunteer coordinator project.
- Tiree Maritime Trust – £22,039.00 – towards building of 2 boat sheds in Scarinish.
- Tiree Regatta Club – £1,185.00 – towards running a 3 day sailing course for kids with Stramash.
- Tiree Young Farmers – £2,370.00 – towards a trip to the Royal Highland Show to experience stock judging and to meet up with other Young Farmers groups. (this award was not claimed)
- Tiree Agricultural Society – £1,800 – towards the main attraction for Tiree Agricultural Show 2013.
- Fèis Thiriodh & Tiree Music Festival – £710.00 – towards Fèis na Fèise; tuition courses for advanced musicians that will run before the Tiree Music Festival 2013.
- Freestyle Park Working Group – £200.00 – to bring a skate park designer to Tiree to complete a site survey and draw plans.
- Swimming Pool Steering Committee – £1,000.00 – to cover the costs of travel, accommodation and office facilities while conducting a feasibility study on Tiree.
- Dance Directionz – £520.60 – towards starting up a dance group for people aged between 5 and 18.
- Rags to Riches – £1,508.00 towards the running of Rags to Riches.
- Tiree Music Festival & Tiree Agricultural Society – £2,980.00 towards the cost of bringing portable showers & toilets to Tiree Music Festival & Tiree Agricultural Show.
- Tiree Music Festival & Tiree Agricultural Society – £3,000 – towards the cost of hiring tents and marquees for Tiree Music Festival & Tiree Agricultural Show.
- Tiree Rural Development – £4,200- towards installing a septic tank in Scarinish for motor home users.
- Tiree Resource Club – £7,225.00 – towards the second year of the out-reach worker post and minibus project.
- Tiree Church Guild – £1200.00 – towards the cost of bringing speakers over to Tiree.
- Tiree Windsurfing Club – £637.00 – towards the cost of running Swim Week on Tiree.
- Tiree Broadband – £5545.00 – towards the cost of completing a network upgrade.
- Tiree Rural Development – £7,845.00 – towards the cost of running a 3 year Ranger programme on Tiree.
- Cùram Thiriodh – £564.94 – towards the cost of purchasing televisions for use in Tigh a Ruadh
- Tiree Tots – £435.95 – towards the cost of a community Christmas tree project.
- Tiree Community Workshop – £220.00 towards the cost of renting premises for weekly meetings.