Tiree Community Development Trust, and its subsidiary companies, respects the privacy of every individual who visits this website. If you provide us with contact details, for example by filling in the contact form, we will not use the information for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it to any third party.
Tiree Community Development Trust (TCDT) Group includes all projects and wholly owned Subsidiaries of TCDT including, but not limited to:
– Tiree Ranger Service
– Youth Work Tiree
– Music & Culture Project
– Tiree Renewable Energy Ltd
– Community Information Technology Ltd (Trading As Tiree Broadband)
– Tiree Community Maritime Assets Ltd
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR)
Who are we?
TCDT is the data controller (contact details below). This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
TCDT complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date
by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
– To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the community as specified in our constitution
– To administer membership records
– To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity
– To manage our employees and volunteers
– To maintain our own accounts and records
– To operate the TCDT web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested
– To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at TCDT
– To process gift aid applications
– To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current issues, services or of potential new services that may be offered
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Article 6 processing
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract:
– Employment Contracts
– Contractor Contracts
– Tiree Broadband Subscribers Contract (CIT Ltd)
– Mooring or Berthing Contract (TCMAL Ltd)
– Friends of Nadair Thiriodh (part of Tiree Ranger Service)
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
– OSCR requires that we “Keep registers of charity trustees and of members “
Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
– The TCDT Constitution states ” The Directors shall maintain a register of members, setting out the full name and address of each member, the date on which he/she was admitted to membership, and the date on which any person ceased to be a member.”
– Grant Funding reporting and monitoring requirements may require that the Grantee must keep and maintain for a period of 6 years adequate and proper records and books of account
TCDT does not process or hold any Special Categories of Personal Data as per Article 9.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with other
organisations to comply with a legitimate interest or a legal obligation i.e. OSCR or funders. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of 6 years in order to comply with our statutory and funding obligations.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
– The right to request a copy of your personal data which TCDT holds about you
– The right to request that the TCDT corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
– The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for TCDT to retain such data
– The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
– The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
– The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
Transfer of Data Abroad
If the personal data is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the EU you must include details of how the data will be protected, together with details of how to obtain copies of the relevant safeguards.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at email@example.com or at the address above.