Across the UK, everyone is being encouraged to be ‘socially distant’, especially those in vulnerable groups as mentioned in my previous post on ‘self isolation’.
Socially distancing aims to reduce the spread of Covid 19 by reducing social interaction between people.
Socially Distancing measures you should take include:
- Working from home where possible
- Avoiding large gatherings
- Avoiding gatherings in small spaces such as pubs, restaurants, shops.
- Avoiding non essential travel, especially on public transport.
- Avoiding gatherings with friends and family
- Little ones can still meet to play outside, but try to avoid too long in close proximity (easier said than done I know!). Remember to bring hand sanitiser.
- Avoiding having friends round for dinner. It may be possible to have a friend over for a drink but try to keep your distance, and make it time limited.
- Following the guidance from Andy when shopping in the Co-op.
As always, remember to wash your hands and avoid touching your face!
Thank you again for all your help to keep Tiree as safe as possible
Tiree Medical Practice 20/03/2020