Due to the increase of cases in the Argyll and Bute Area, we would like to remind people that they must self – isolate if symptoms appear. Self-isolation MUST be carried out by ALL MEMBERS of the household until a negative test result is obtained.
If you have symptoms please contact the surgery to arrange a PCR test. A Lateral flow test (At home testing kit) is not sufficient when symptoms are present.
Self-isolate immediately if:
- You have any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You’ve tested positive for COVID-19 – this means you have the virus
- Someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
- Someone in your childcare or support bubble has symptoms and you’ve been in close contact with them since their symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started
- Someone in your childcare or support bubble tested positive and you’ve been in close contact with them since they had the test or in the 48 hours before their test
- You’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive – find out what to do if you’re told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app
Self-isolation is when you do not leave your home because you or someone in your household have or might have COVID-19.
This helps stop the virus spreading to other people.
It is a legal requirement for you to self-isolate if you are told by NHS Test and Trace. You could be fined if you do not self – isolate.
How to self-isolate
You must not leave your home if you’re self-isolating.
- Do not go to work, school or public places – work from home if you can
- Do not go on public transport or use taxis
- Do not go out to get food and medicine – order it online or by phone, or ask someone to bring it to your home
- Do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for people providing essential care
- Do not go out to exercise – exercise at home or in your garden, if you have one
When to get a test
Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) as soon as possible if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
The symptoms are:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
The test needs to be done in the first 8 days of having symptoms.
Tiree Medical Practice