The Tiree Community Development Trust was formed in March 2006 and is owned, and managed by Tiree’s community. It represents a community led approach to rural development promoting the sustainable, environmental and economic and social development of Tiree.
Chaidh Urras Thiriodh a’ stèidheachadh ann am Màrt 2006. Tha’ n coimhearsnachd a’ riuth agus stiúireadh am buidheann. Tha e a seasamh airson an doigh a tha’ n coimearsnachd ag iarriadh adhartachd a’ dheamah le seasmhach, tìreil, eaconomach agus leasachadh sòisealta dhan eilean.
- The sustainable regeneration of Tiree’s community;
- Strategic planning and development through community engagement and consultation;
- Local project delivery;
- Partnership working with relevant agencies and organisations;
- Sharing best practice and experience with other similar groups and organisations; and
- Local capacity and skill development.
The Trust is governed by a board of Directors, resident to the Isle of Tiree.
The Directors are elected annually by The Trust members.